Skip to Content
Host Your Own Event
Canada Coaching Clinics 2019
Thursday, 4 July 2019
Saturday, 17 August 2019
We are excited to confirm that Chris will be back in Canada for riding clinics in 2019
We will be running two types of classes, please ensure that you register for the correct class:
Enduro clinics – these are for enduro bikes only, not dual purpose / adventure bikes. Please get in touch with us to check which class you should attend if you have any doubt.
Beginner / Intermediate
• Aimed at riders with at least 6 months on a dirt bike.
• You need to be comfortable riding in a group situation.
• You can fluently change gears / complete basic uphill and downhill without assistance / ready to start tackling small obstacles (eg logs up to 20 cm high).
• We assume that you can ride a bike off road and are wanting to improve your skill set. This course is not suitable for very inexperienced or first-time riders.
Intermediate / Advanced
• Aimed at riders with 2 years or more experience.
• Must be comfortable riding in a group with some speed involved.
• Riders are skilled and confident, possibly have had training before, and are looking to build speed.
• Will run through basics quickly and move on to more advanced skills.
• Riders must have appropriate fitness and health levels, and an appropriate bike.
• Should be able to confidently do a small, controlled wheelie
We also will be running one Level 2 class - you must have completed a Level 1 class to attend as this will be building on things taught and referencing techniques and examples Chris has already covered. It is a more technical clinic.
Adventure: Level 1
The adventure coaching is aimed at riders who are on the dual purpose / adventure bikes, eg 650, 950, 990, 1190 etc. Also those on dirt bikes who use them for dual purpose adventure riding.
This is an off road adventure course, so it is aimed at how to ride your bike off road, not sealed road and not strictly gravel / dirt roads.
Please ensure that you have appropriate tyres and boots for this course – tyres must be at least 70/30 off road / road, and boots need to be off road boots, with enough support in the ankle. You will find more information about this when you book but feel free to get in touch with us to check.
About the coaching:
Chris focuses on helping his clients get the most out of their riding – whether this is to improve performance and placing in competition, to beat their mates, or simply to get the most enjoyment from the weekend’s riding.
Getting the right techniques and increasing your control will increase your confidence. You’ll be able to ride faster, longer, use a lot less energy and be a much safer rider.
Some of the things covered in the sessions include:
• Setting up your bike correctly
• Correct, strong and balanced riding positions
• Using the clutch, throttle and brakes effectively for maximum control
• Cornering techniques for traction and speed
• Trail obstacles like logs, ruts, roots, hills and technical riding
From spending his whole life riding and racing motorbikes in many disciplines Chris has picked up tips, tricks, shortcuts and handy hints that you only get from experience. When you are being coached by Chris, it’s a fantastic opportunity to pick his brains about any riding or bike set up problems you have.
All courses run appx 9am – 4pm and are CAD$280pp. Access fees to parks etc are the responsibility of the rider. If you are wanting to register for multiple clinics, unfortunately you will need to register separately. Please contact Monica for more information.
Refund and cancellation policy
• Cancellation 0 – 28 days before course, or no show: no refund
• Cancellation 29+ days before course: 50% refund
If you cancel and have arranged someone else fill your spot that's not a problem – your space is treated much like a concert / event ticket, you are welcome to pass it on to someone else. We will try to fill your spot from our waitlist where we can.
If you wish to transfer your booking to another session (providing one is available), the following applies:
• Transfer 0 – 28 days before course and we are unable to fill your spot - this is treated as a cancellation and no refund / transfer of fees will apply, you will have to pay the new course fee.
• Transfer 29+ days before course: 50% of your fee will be transferred to the new date.
Start Your Registration
Select registrant type
Thursday 4 July, Squamish (Private, RICK) (This class is sold out contact us to go on waitlist)
Friday 5 July, Squamish, BC, Adventure Bikes
Sat/Sun 6/7 July, Squamish, Private (ANTHONY)
Friday 12 July, Squamish, BC, Adventure Bikes
Saturday 13 July, Squamish, BC, Enduro, Beg/Int
Sunday 14 July, Squamish, BC, Enduro, Int/Adv (This class is sold out contact us to go on waitlist)
Friday 19 July, Kamloops, Private (D'Arcy)
Saturday 20 July, Kamloops, BC, Enduro, Beg/Int (This class is sold out contact us to go on waitlist)
Sunday 21 July, Kamloops, BC, Enduro, Int/Adv (This class is sold out contact us to go on waitlist)
SOLD OUT Friday 2 August, Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, Enduro, Beg/Int (This class is sold out contact us to go on waitlist)
SOLD OUT Saturday 3 August, Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, LEVEL 2 Enduro (This class is sold out contact us to go on waitlist)
Sunday 4 August, Rocky Mountain House, Turple Bros Adventure Clinic
Friday 9 August, Fallen Timber, Alberta, Adventure Clinic
Sunday 11 August, Fallen Timber, Alberta, Enduro, Int/Adv
Monday 23 September, Red Mountain, BC, Adventure Clinic
Tuesday 24 September, Red Mountain, BC, Adventure Clinic
Thursday 26 September, Red Mountain, BC, Adventure Clinic
Enter a discount code
Enter a discount code
Enter a discount code
View or Change Your Existing Registration
You can also register a group.
Event Contact Information
Interested in hosting your own event?
Your Privacy Rights
Quick, easy and affordable
online event registration
event management software
for all event sizes.